Google processes over 3.5 billion searches every day and to break it down to per second- That’s about 40,000 searches. How in the world your business is supposed to cut through the competition and let Google know about your existence?
According to Jupiter Research, a Forrester Research company, 81% of users find their desired destination through a search engine. You can imagine where your potential customers are.
There are two methods of strategic Online Marketing- SEO & PPC.
Whereas both have their respective pros and cons, it is still recommended to use them strategically. Wherein, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) produce organic search results, Pay per Click (PPC) generated traffic is paid and appears on the top pages of Search engines. Surely, these two Internet Marketing Strategies help your business websites to rank higher, but the question is: which one is better than the other or there is a middle way in between? Let’s find out!
SEO vs. PPC
Advantages of SEO:
- Targeted keywords help you gain visibility in search engines and cross matches what your potential customer is looking for. Organic search engine visibility helps in increasing Brand Awareness.
- When a Brand is talked about on the Internet, it not only increases brand awareness but gains an exposure forbrand’sidentity.
- People consider ads as spams, there are more chances of people clicking on organic results as compared to sponsored ones. Brands appearing on search engines organically prove themselves to be more trustworthy.
- Traffic from organic searches has absolutely no cost involved. Developing visibility and pushing any page on search engine’s first page may take up lotof time and efforts but there is absolutely no cost involved for each clickthat comes along.
Disadvantages of SEO:
- SEO can take months after you get your site optimized to start showing some results, whereas PPC is far more prone to generate leads immediately.
- There isacut-throat competition out there in every industry. With well-known brands applying all the master strategies, any brand will have a hard time digging through the crowd to rank on search engines.
- The major and most frustrating disadvantage of SEO is its lack of control. It is quite difficult to know all the intricate details of the Google Algorithm. You don’t have any control over how much of your SEO strategy is creating the kind of movement you want. That is why it is preferred to hire an SEO services expert to be aware of all the happenings.
Advantages of PPC:
- While using paid advertising there is a security that your brand ad will always be on top of SERPs as long as the searched keyword matches yours.
- PPC advertising gives a control over the content that needs to be pushed towards the customer i.e. what you want the customer to see in your ad.
- PPC ads let you put up a picture to better explain the product if you’re into the sellingofgoods, this could increase the click-through rates.
- As compared to organic visibility, PPC advertising takes less time to build up the visibility of your brand on SERPs. This is one of the fastest way to gain potential customers and increase sales.
Disadvantages of PPC:
- PPC Marketing runs on what you pay and as long as you pay. It is no surprise that PPC ads are costly and if you’re trying to advertise on a large scale then they can put a stretch on your budget.
- With the rise of genuine marketing tactics, people have grown skeptical of advertising. It may not be dead but it is not as effective as it used to be.itis noted that people are more likely to click on organic results than paid ones.
- All of the PPC management companies in Australia can promise big numbers but paying does not guarantee results. Conversion of leads depends on many factors such as the quality of your ad, using keywords and competition in the industry.
SEO & PPC
A buyer’s journey starts from all the way from search to conversion and sales, where you can combine both the search marketing tools to grab user attention.
These tools can work wonders when combined together in the overall marketing strategy for a brand; weighing the pros and cons. A well-calculated balance of strategic improvements for SEO and a paid search budget is the best solution for brands to test out what works best for them.
Our SEO and Digital experts can help you in choosing the best Search Marketing Strategy, Avail our Affordable SEO services to build your brand image and rank higher on SERPs. Need help? Contact us today!