With world being digitalized at its edges, you can safely assume that the first interaction your business will have with people & potential customers is through a website. Your website is the strongest representation of your brand so it should be presented in a manner that serves the purpose.
While being functional, it should be aesthetically pleasing and not too overloaded with text. Websites are serving as a great medium to convert visitors into potential leads, if you’re not getting the results you hoped for, you might want to take a look on your website designs and its performance.
Like every coin has two sides, websites also can be categorized as good or bad. Read on to know the characteristics and identify the causes why your website is not producing the results you want.
Characteristics of a bad website:
- Low-quality graphics– Bad quality images that are pixelated look unprofessional and amateur.
- Incomprehensible Designs– A website should reflect uniformity in its design. Website that look like it was built by dozens of people looks unattractive and drives away visitors.
- Complex Navigation Structures– Confusing navigation can frustrate visitors, if they don’t find what they were looking for in the first place, they might leave the website sooner than any profitable action could be taken.
- Unconventional colors– Bad color choices not only are unpleasing to the eyes but can be distracting and irritating to your visitors.
- Long Text Paragraphs– In this fast-paced and vast digital world, people have the shortest attention span. Long text paragraphs can bore people and make your website look like a mess.
Tips to make an awesome website:
- High quality Images– Use High Resolution Images and put them where visitors are more likely to look. Images also should be relatable to the purpose of your website.
- Less is more– Use similar fonts and a combination of particular theme colors that make your website look uniform.
- Consistent Design– The design of your website can make visitors go WOW, if the effects, consistency and pop ups look appealing, it can play a major role in sustaining the audience on the website.
- Mobile-Friendly– Majority of people use phone to access anything they want, it is highly necessary for your website to be mobile-friendly. If they are not, audience can get frustrated and you can lose a chunk of your potential customers.
- White space– White Space is the space between columns, graphics and margins on your webpage. It makes the website look tidy and impresses visitors. If used correctly, it can transform a design and provide many advantage to your website.
With so much competition out there, you need to make sure your website is up-to-date and running smoothly so that users can receive the experience they deserve. It is mandatory to keep up with latest technology and trends. Whether you’re looking to create a new website or refresh the old one, O2, A Web design and Development Company in Australia can help you help your brand shine online!
Contact us, we are your Next Generation Digital Marketing Company.